Tumblers Falling into Place

Discuss the practical use of Dramatica. Have questions about how throughlines should be used, how to create Complex Characters or even the various combinations of the 12 Essential Questions and how they will affect your story go here.
Clint541963
Published Writer

Tumblers Falling into Place

Postby Clint541963 » Jun 09, 2011 9:19 pm

Please share your experience or feelings when you were working on a storyform
and all the tumblers started to fall into place to unlock your story. To tell u
the truth i am feeling I have it one day and the next it does not feel right.

Signed,
Un-ending (MC Issue)
WorkingMan Productions
Sam Potter
Screenwriter

phillybudd
Best-Selling Writer

Re: Tumblers Falling into Place

Postby phillybudd » Jun 12, 2011 8:33 am

This is an ongoing problem for me as well. But I finally get to the point where I say to myself "Oh, for God's sake, just pick one!" And I have to remind myself that the storyform is a tool, not an edict.

Jeff

Contagionist
Writer

Re: Tumblers Falling into Place

Postby Contagionist » Apr 29, 2013 9:19 am

It's a double-edged sword having definite ideas about your story when you start Dramatica. It helps you start filling in your storyform, but then when the system selects the optimal choices for the bits you have left, you can start asking yourself, "What kind of sense does that make?" when trying to reconcile the finished form to what you've already got in your head. I must have hit the clear button a dozen times on my current story, but finding wrong storyforms over and over has helped me figure out what's really going on in my story.

So I guess for me, it was backwards. I didn't find the right storyform; I found my story. Then I went back and the storyform fell into place.

Return to “Practical Dramatica”