New to Dramatica, so very basic questions.

Discuss the practical use of Dramatica. Have questions about how throughlines should be used, how to create Complex Characters or even the various combinations of the 12 Essential Questions and how they will affect your story go here.
TCConde

New to Dramatica, so very basic questions.

Postby TCConde » May 05, 2011 12:56 pm

Hi to all. Just returned from my mountaineering store where I bought climbing gear to help me tackle the learning curve.

I just joined the party and am looking for the most recent version. I was sent version 4.0 (build 8) but I see people discussing 4.1, and posts of the "upcoming" version 5 dated 2008, so could someone please tell me where I should be?

In the interest of wanting to LEARN and actually USE Dramatica Pro, I went in and viewed the tutorials. I watched number 3 and it made mention of a tutorial number 4 which was more detailed in some areas. Alas, no tutorial four.

In viewing the tutorials, it was helpful in a "where do I start" kind of way. Is this the preferred way to get into the program? It seems like the books and manuals written about Dramatica seem to be more like encyclopedias about the program, but they are generally short on: "Let's track a story from beginning to end" or "Here are a couple of altenative ways to get started."

I'm sure it will be good once I figure it out.

stephenbuck415
Best-Selling Writer

Re: New to Dramatica, so very basic questions.

Postby stephenbuck415 » May 05, 2011 1:22 pm

Hi and welcome to the Dramatica Community.

One of the best places to start is with the material Melanie has posted on YouTube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EnsoKOZq9ow

She has several video tutorials that will help make the introduction to using Dramatica much easier than it might otherwise seem to be.
Dramatica E-Mail Discussion List:
https://buckspub.com/mailman/listinfo/dramatica_buckspub.com

Return to “Practical Dramatica”