Initial Thoughts on Outline 4D

Have a special way to do something in your outline? Share tips and tricks or even swap ideas on templates that you've created. Anything you want to know or share, go here and talk with other users.
Thomas
Published Writer

Initial Thoughts on Outline 4D

Postby Thomas » Apr 11, 2010 2:13 pm

First, this idiot IGTTOS that is spamming has to go. 'Nuff said about that.

There is really not much to say about the new software. The FONT and EVENT drop down menus do look a bit nicer, but at the same time, that annoying BUG is still there that was there in the Storyview.

If yew wait 15 minutes, a message will pop up asking if yew want to save your work. This is completely unnecesary and annoying if no changes have been made in the 15 minutes. There is no point in having it there.

Other than prettier menus and a new icon, I really can't see any difference. It is the same, right down the 15 minute bug. So I suppose it is just as Chris said!
The Honorable Thomas A. McKean
http://www.thomasamckean.com
Partner in Policymaking
Author, Soon Will Come the Light: A View From Inside the Autism Puzzle
Author, Light on the Horizon: A Deeper View from Inside the Autism Puzzle

fredhammersmith

Re: Initial Thoughts on Outline 4D

Postby fredhammersmith » Apr 11, 2010 4:32 pm

Too bad.
Good integration between MM6 and Story View would make it the ultimate combo.
I've worked very hard to find a way to make StoryView and MM2000 work together, and it was just too difficult.
There is a certain (dead now) software that is just making the back & forth between outline and scriptwriting very easy, straightforward, efficient.

Thomas
Published Writer

Postby Thomas » Apr 12, 2010 12:26 pm

fredhammersmith wrote:Too bad.
Good integration between MM6 and Story View would make it the ultimate combo.
I've worked very hard to find a way to make StoryView and MM2000 work together, and it was just too difficult.
There is a certain (dead now) software that is just making the back & forth between outline and scriptwriting very easy, straightforward, efficient.

Yes I checked the integration. It does appear to be all that useful to me, either....
Partner in Policymaking

stephenbuck415
Best-Selling Writer

Postby stephenbuck415 » Sep 17, 2010 10:34 pm

Thomas wrote:If yew wait 15 minutes, a message will pop up asking if yew want to save your work. This is completely unnecesary and annoying if no changes have been made in the 15 minutes. There is no point in having it there.

Other than prettier menus and a new icon, I really can't see any difference. It is the same, right down the 15 minute bug. So I suppose it is just as Chris said!

Try going to Tools > Outline 4D Options, and deselecting the option to save every 15 minutes.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dramatica E-Mail Discussion List:
https://buckspub.com/mailman/listinfo/dramatica_buckspub.com

Thomas
Published Writer

Postby Thomas » Oct 31, 2010 1:18 pm

stephenbuck415 wrote:Try going to Tools > Outline 4D Options, and deselecting the option to save every 15 minutes.

That worked for me. I wanted to keep the backup feature ON, but the problem was even if yew made NO changes, the pop up about saving still came onto the screen. The program goes the 15 minutes but does NOT check for changes before it asks to save. It should be smart enough to know that it isn't necessary to ask if no changes have been made. But since I have gotten into the habit of pressing CTRL-S like ALL the time (as any good writer should), it isn't an issue anymore.

The lack of integration between Outline 4D and MMS is quite disappointing. I was certainly hoping for more. Maybe someday? :)
Partner in Policymaking

Return to “Outline 4D (formerly StoryView)”