A how to question about script notes

Discuss how to use this leading screenplay formatting software. Have a tip? Question? Post it here and share ideas.
Cbear

A how to question about script notes

Postby Cbear » Feb 01, 2010 5:22 pm

I'm using MMS 2000. I have script notes in my script (the ones with yellow background). I "print" the script to PDF and save it. When reading the PDF on a computer, the notes appear (icons on the side thay you scroll over). But when I print the PDF on paper, the notes do not appear anywhere.
Can anyone enlighten me as to how I can make sure the notes print on the paper version of the PDF?
Thanks much!

Chris Huntley
Site Admin

Re: A how to question about script notes

Postby Chris Huntley » Feb 02, 2010 1:56 pm

When you go to print, select the Script Notes option. It has several options for now you might want them to appear, including being printed on the facing pages on which they appear in the script.
Chris Huntley
Write Brothers Inc.
http://dramatica.com/
http://screenplay.com/

KenTech
Technical Support

Postby KenTech » Feb 04, 2010 5:01 pm

If you click under Format > Edit Script Formats > Script Notes, you can tell the program to print the notes in the script itself (they WILL take up space). Export to PDF again and they should appear in the visible document.
Ken H.
Write Brothers, Inc.
Technical Support

gastongreve
Writer

Postby gastongreve » Apr 07, 2010 12:38 am

Thanks ken! This is what i've been looking for. :) ..Thanks to this thread.
Being stressed out and overweight may not be YOUR fault! It's true, a mysterious condition might be to blame.
[url]http://www.howtocurecandida.com/survey/[/url]

BrianReynolds
Writer

Postby BrianReynolds » May 27, 2010 12:48 pm

I have a rather extensive network of writing partners both in-house and as far as away as across the country. Only some of them have access to screenwriter, so the best way to share new drafts/material/scenes is pdf through email. In a few (thankfully rare) cases, I have to print out hard copies and hand deliver.

As a result, I have several questions regarding the collapsable elements within the document. I'm referring to acts, scenes, beats, etc. As well as notes.

Is there any way to export to pdf ALL of the elements in my document? In other words, I want for what I see on my screen to be exactly what gets exported. (WYSIWYG)
Same question for printing.
Also, I'm having trouble manipulating the notes themselves. For instance, I have a note that reads:

"Remember to foreshadow this in act 1"

And then I get flowing and I write some dialogue. The note gets pushed farther and farther away from the script element it refers to. Is there some way to drag notes and other elements within the script? I understand that I can drag in the NaviDoc, which works fine when I want to move to in-between scenes. But it doesn't help me when the note (or beat or whatever) needs to be in a specific place *within* the scene.

Thank you in advance

Return to “Using Screenwriter”