Armando's Instant Dramatica Software

Discuss the practical use of Dramatica. Have questions about how throughlines should be used, how to create Complex Characters or even the various combinations of the 12 Essential Questions and how they will affect your story go here.
rochek
Writer

Armando's Instant Dramatica Software

Postby rochek » Mar 10, 2010 8:58 am

A long time ago I downloaded a piece of software the implemented Armando's Instant Dramatica suggestions. I can't find it anymore. Does anyone know where I can get a copy?

rochek
Writer

Re: Armando's Instant Dramatica Software

Postby rochek » Mar 12, 2010 1:28 pm

I just found it on the Dramatica Group on Yahoo.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Dramatica_Projects/files/

Answered my own question....

adite99

Postby adite99 » Jul 26, 2010 8:04 pm

Hi. Thanks for posting the link to Aramando's Instant Dramatica software. However, the Dramatica Pro 4 doesn't recognize the .ind extension. How does one use the program? :? Thanks in advance for your help.

Adite

RavinDave
Writer

Postby RavinDave » Aug 30, 2010 10:35 pm

adite99 wrote:Hi. Thanks for posting the link to Aramando's Instant Dramatica software. However, the Dramatica Pro 4 doesn't recognize the .ind extension. How does one use the program? :? Thanks in advance for your help.

Adite

Well ... It doesn't need to. You're not exporting data from AID into Dramatica, you're importing your Story Engine settings from Dramatica and placing them into AID.

Thus: Fire up Dramatica. Go to the Report module. Selects the report that gives you your Story Engine settings. Hit the "export" button on the side and save it. Now, fire up AID. Go to the "Engine" tab. There should be a bar across the top that says: "Get Engine Settings From File". Feed it the file you just saved and it should use that data to populate all the fields under that same tab.

Return to “Practical Dramatica”