small cast of characters

Discuss the practical use of Dramatica. Have questions about how throughlines should be used, how to create Complex Characters or even the various combinations of the 12 Essential Questions and how they will affect your story go here.
kundeleni

small cast of characters

Postby kundeleni » Jul 20, 2008 8:31 pm

I love Dramatica. I've already plotted two of my first drafts and found plot holes. It's quite thorough, and I'll never write another screenplay without it.

I've recently started an outline for a new project. I only have four characters. Do they take on multiple roles at different times?

Eleni

Chris Huntley
Site Admin

Re: small cast of characters

Postby Chris Huntley » Jul 21, 2008 10:33 am

Sure. Or you can make them complex characters, more abundantly rich in character functions than ususual.

Another option is to make groups, organizations, or even inorganic items like places or things into characters. All you need to do is to give them the attributes of a character, or attribute the characteristics to them, to make them function as "characters."
Chris Huntley
Write Brothers Inc.
http://dramatica.com/
http://screenplay.com/

RUSHHOUR

This is not a reply

Postby RUSHHOUR » Jul 21, 2008 10:47 am

I am sorry, I've been trying to post a question, couldn't found the right window for that.

I need to know where to go after signing in in order to post my question(s)?

kundeleni

Re: small cast of characters

Postby kundeleni » Jul 21, 2008 11:20 am

Chris Huntley wrote:Sure. Or you can make them complex characters, more abundantly rich in character functions than ususual.

Another option is to make groups, organizations, or even inorganic items like places or things into characters. All you need to do is to give them the attributes of a character, or attribute the characteristics to them, to make them function as "characters."

Chris, thanks for the response! I can't believe I didn't think of making them complex characters. However, I am glad I posted because I never thought of using inorganic items. That will definitely work for the current screenplay I'm currently developing.

BTW, thanks for coming up with the Dramatica theory and software. It's been a BIG help for me in that it''s saved me a lot of time.

Keep up the great job!

Eleni

Return to “Practical Dramatica”