HELP WITH TIMELINE

Where do ideas come from? How do you brainstorm or find new seeds to develop? Having trouble staying motivated or overcoming obstacles in your path? Share tricks and tips for finding new stories to tell and getting them on the page!
dorton79

HELP WITH TIMELINE

Postby dorton79 » Mar 14, 2010 6:27 pm

I have begun a screenplay based on the events that took place before, during and after a rather popular but little known about film shot in Bluff Creek California in 1967 by two men, Roger Patterson and Bob Gimlin. I, ofcourse, am talking about the alledged female Bigfoot that was caught on film. I pretty much know how I want to story to go even though information is very hard to come by on this subject, my research pretty much laid out a majority of what happened from both points of view. My problem is is that I have a time span from 1958 - 1972 (Mr. Patterson died of cancer that year). From 1964 - 1972, much of the story takes place. However, from 1958 - 1964 not much really happened except that there are some very important events that took place that have to be mentioned. 1) Roger met Bob in 1958. 2) Roger reads an article in True Magazine by Ivan Stevenson about Abomidable Snowmen in California during Christman 1959 (which got him interested) and 3) He is diagnosed with cancer in 1961 (Hodgkins Disease). It is not until 1964 that he begins to devote much of his time in search of the beast and his obssession with it takes off (which is at the heart of the film). My questions is what is the best way to bridge the gap of time while showing just the main points from 1958 - 1964 until the action picks up and keeping the moving flowing? I hope you understand what I'm asking. Thank you

Don

forty
Writer

Re: HELP WITH TIMELINE

Postby forty » Sep 08, 2010 1:46 am

Watch "Raging Bull" and "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid."

See how they use montage etc to do this.
Screenplay Structure: http://www.clickok.co.uk/index4.html
Online Formatting: http://www.plotbot.com/

mikero

Postby mikero » Jan 10, 2011 11:06 am

forty wrote:Watch "Raging Bull" and "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid."

Great suggestions, you should listen to it.

JessHessing1989

Postby JessHessing1989 » Mar 21, 2011 5:38 pm

mikero wrote:
forty wrote:Watch "Raging Bull" and "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid."

Great suggestions, you should listen to it.

let me try that

JessHessing1989

Postby JessHessing1989 » Mar 28, 2011 5:55 pm

great experience

Return to “Inspiration and Motivation”