two main characters (exploring Dramatica)

Read or revive posts that have been copied over from the old message board.
Chris Huntley
Site Admin

two main characters (exploring Dramatica)

Postby Chris Huntley » May 30, 2008 10:32 am

alejandroduarte -- two main characters (exploring Dramatica)

Hi, I currently don't own dramatica but I am exploring it through the demo.

I have a story in mind that follows 2 characters, they are twins in a fantasy setting. If Dramatica expects a main character and an impact character how do you have 2 main characters? I want the story to follow both characters, at one point the get seperated and eventually they come back together to complete the story... can this be done with Dramatica, both splitting the story and following two main characters?

Can the demo be registered or do I need to purchase if through the website should I choose to buy it?

Thanks Alex

Chris Huntley Re: two main characters (exploring Dramatica) #1

Hi Alex --

Though both of your characters are equally important, I suspect that they really are a Main Character and Impact Character. If not, then you'll find that there are other characters that act as Impact Character to each characters function as Main Character. If they are two MCs (that don't explore exactly the same personal journey), then you'll want to create a storyform for each MC and his story. You'll then weave the two stories together into your finished work. Examples of works with two stories include Jerry Maguire (sport story and love story) and Crimes and Misdemeanors (crime story and "misdemeanor" story), among others.

You cannot register the demo. You can order the software online at store.write-bros.com/ or by calling 1-800-84-STORY.

Cheers,
Chris Huntley
Write Brothers

alejandroduarte Re: two main characters (exploring Dramatica) #2

I believe that I can get away with the characters being MC and IC. Would this allow one to portray them both almost as MC, though they will fill the rolls as MC and IC?

Thanks Alex

PS If I use dramatica for the PC and then use it on a Mac can I use the same data file? Do I need to buy both versions?

Thanks again Alex

Chris Huntley Re: two main characters (exploring Dramatica) #3

Yes, and you can edit and save a document on both the Mac and Windows versions. It is the same file format on both platforms.

Best regards,
Chris Huntley
Write Brothers

alejandroduarte Re: two main characters (exploring Dramatica) #4

Sorry, yes to my MC vs IC question or yes to needing to buy both versions?

Thanks again
Alex

Chris Huntley Re: two main characters (exploring Dramatica) #5

Yes to your MC vs. IC question.

You do not need to buy both versions if you get the CD which comes with Dramatica Pro for Mac and Dramatica Pro for Windows.

-- Chris
Chris Huntley
Write Brothers Inc.
http://dramatica.com/
http://screenplay.com/

Return to “Classics from the Archives”