2014 Austin Film Festival Call for Entries!

AustinFilmFestival
Writer

2014 Austin Film Festival Call for Entries!

Postby AustinFilmFestival » Feb 18, 2014 12:09 pm

I just wanted to make sure everybody was aware that Austin Film Festival has already begun accepting submissions for this year’s film program. My name is Hatley Moore and I work as an intern in the Film Department and I am happy to answer any questions you may have about submitting your film to us. Last year we received more entries than ever before and this year we are already on a record pace.*Our Earlybird deadline is almost two months away, April 30, until which the submission fee is only $50.* If you submit online through our website (not Withoutabox) you will receive $5 off:
austinfilmfestival.com/submit/film/online/

Known as “The Writer’s Festival” since its inception 21 years ago, Austin Film Festival celebrates films built on strong storytelling. *AFF recognizes the importance of the creator at the core of filmmaking and screens the highest caliber narrative, documentary, and animated films — all of which demonstrate the power of a well-told story.

AFF provides filmmakers an invaluable platform among industry professionals and film-lovers. *Offering A-list jurors, amazing venues, and an opportunity to network and learn, Austin Film Festival is the place to be this October. *As AFF embarks on its 21st Anniversary, everything about the Festival & Conference will be bigger and brighter (or darker if it is more appropriate).* A new COMEDY VANGUARD competition category has been added to highlight horror films. *All of AFF’s juried categories—Narrative Features, Documentary Features, Narrative Shorts, Student Shorts, Animated Shorts and Documentary Shorts—have increased cash awards.* In addition to the competitions, all submissions will be eligible to screen out-of-competition in special sections such as Comedy Vanguard or the Texas Independents Series. *On top of all that, the winning films in the Narrative Short and Animated Short categories are Academy Award®-eligible!

Earlybird entry fee if postmarked by April 30, 2014 -- $50
Regular entry fee if postmarked by June 16, 2014 -- $60
Late entry fee if postmarked by July 15, 2014 -- $75

AWARDS
1st Place Winners in both the Narrative Feature Category and Documentary Feature Category receive a cash prize of $2,500; reimbursement (up to $500) of one round-trip airfare to Austin to attend the 2014 AFF; reimbursement (up to $500) for stay at an AFF hotel during the 2014 Festival; and the AFF Bronze Typewriter Award. The 1st Place Winner in the Dark Matters Feature Category receives a cash prize of $1,000; reimbursement (up to $500) of one round-trip airfare to Austin to attend the 2014 AFF; reimbursement (up to $500) for stay at an AFF hotel during the 2014 Festival; and the AFF Bronze Typewriter Award.

For Shorts, 1st Place Winners receive a cash prize of $1,000 (Narrative Short Category only) or $500 (Narrative Student Short, Documentary Short, Animated Short Categories); reimbursement (up to $500) of one round- trip air fare to Austin to attend the 2014 AFF; reimbursement (up to $500) for stay at an AFF hotel during the 2014 Festival; and the AFF Bronze Typewriter Award.

In addition, all films are eligible for the Audience Award in their respective categories.*

We look forward to receiving any entries you all want to send us. I’ll be checking this post frequently and I am happy to answer any questions or check out our FAQ: austinfilmfestival.com/submit/film/faq/

AustinFilmFestival
Writer

Re: 2014 Austin Film Festival Call for Entries!

Postby AustinFilmFestival » Feb 27, 2014 2:03 pm

Just a reminder of our deadlines:

Earlybird entry fee if postmarked by April 30, 2014 -- $50
Regular entry fee if postmarked by June 16, 2014 -- $60
Late entry fee if postmarked by July 15, 2014 -- $75

If you have any question, please reply to the post or check out our FAQ: austinfilmfestival.com/submit/film/faq

Return to “Announcements”