My name is Maxpete, I'm from Russia.
I developed an interest in screenplay
writing about a month ago after
reading about the creativity
involved and how great and interesting
this may be. I just hope I will find a
hobby in this. For it is more interesting
to work on a hobby than actual work.
Anyway, I have read about Quentin Tarantino .
I think he is great and does what he loves.
Hope to be like him :)

mvpjaz

Re: Hello from Russia!!!

Postby mvpjaz » Feb 12, 2013 4:37 pm

Hi, I have been in the screenplay writing industry for just over a decade now, and have managed to be relatively successful in that short amount of time. I am writing to share with you the experiences that I had in order to stop you from making the same mistakes as I did. When I first began as a 22 year old, I found that the industry was unforgiving, and struggled to make any sort of impact. Meeting with large corporations about my script was like talking to a brick wall! I found that with little past experience, I was being completely ignored. I decided to go back and learn about the industry in more depth. This meant looking at scripts in a whole new level of detail, and I was able to pick out recurring themes that I had not noticed until this point. Based on my new found knowledge, I edited the script that I had previously wrote and sent it off. The response was overwhelming!

I am here to provide you with a guide to screenplay writing, and help any budding writers that are looking for a way into the industry. I know how difficult it can be, and so I want to make that initial process a lot easier. I have some tips that I would like to share with all of you on how to write a successful screenplay. I feel like these are the two most important secrets to scriptwriting in Hollywood!

1: Create likeable characters.
Audiences only care about characters who are real and believable. So make a detailed analysis of each character - job, friends, home life, background, likes, dislikes, hopes, motivation in the story etc. Quirky and individual character traits help us love and remember people. Knowing your characters well helps you better keep a track on your story.

2: Create great dialogue.
Dialogue is there to push the action on. It might reveal a character's personality. Or to leave a clue as to something coming later. So don't ramble - get to the point. It should sound authentic - a workman and a lawyer will talk very differently!

Many people using screenplay writing software or script writing software but I personally feel that a lot of emotion can be lost in scripts that are produced this way. If you want to create an A-list movie that is ranked with the best in Hollywood then that is now the way forward.

If anyone is feeling lost or at a point where they are unsure on how to progress, please do not hesitate to contact me. I will provide you with honest help that could hopefully propel you further in the industry!

For more tips on how to create a successful screenplay go to my website where I can provide you with a FREE GUIDE to screenplay writing: http://www.screenplaywritingtechniques.com

Return to “Announcements”