Hey all!

Come here to talk about any old thing. If it doesn't relate to writing, sit back, put your feet up, order a virtual pint! If you are new to our forums, come here to introduce yourself and learn a little about the rest of us as well.
rickthomas77777

Hey all!

Postby rickthomas77777 » Feb 11, 2013 6:58 pm

I'm a virgin writer looking for advice and inspiration on where I can improve and to see what new things I can learn. I haven't got a career set yet and hopefully my writing will take off and become the career I want. I have two beautiful children and a wonderful wife. Hitting it big is only part of what I'm looking for. It will keep my family financially stable and let me share my works with the rest of the world. Even though, because I obviously don' t have the money to produce my film, I understand I would have to bend and hopefully not break to some of the demands of the production company that would HOPEFULLY someday accept my script.

I'm also looking forward to talking to people new to the industry like myself or even some seasoned vets. I'm ready for my script to be pulled apart, dissected with tweezers and critiqued to hell so I can learn what I'm doing right and where I went wrong. I have plenty to learn. Hell, I never heard of the Dramatica Theory until I joined this site! It's some interesting stuff. I'm glad to be here and I'll see you all on the forum!

Clint541963
Published Writer

Re: Hey all!

Postby Clint541963 » Feb 28, 2013 9:46 pm

Hi Rick, After reading your post and reading what your goals are and needs I highly recommend FAST Screenplay.

http://fastscreenplay.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YqIygiz5bDY&feature=share

and for structure I like Dramatica

I am doing / learning this system and it is like getting a Masters Degree in screenwriting. You will never need another class or seminar on screenwriting. It is that comprehensive.

Sam
WorkingMan Productions
Sam Potter
Screenwriter

Return to “The Pub”