Future of MM Screenwriter

Do you have suggestions for Movie Magic Screenwriter? What features would you like to see added or changed?
Clint541963
Published Writer

Future of MM Screenwriter

Postby Clint541963 » Feb 12, 2014 8:54 am

I am not a professional but Movie Magic Screenwriter needs to listen to episodes 129 & 130 of ScriptNotes podcast if they want to survive. 129 to hear the blindness of miopathy and 130 to hear the solutions for survival and maybe even becoming an industry leader.
I say this with love as a fan of this company.
WorkingMan Productions
Sam Potter
Screenwriter

Clint541963
Published Writer

Re: Future of MM Screenwriter

Postby Clint541963 » Feb 12, 2014 3:44 pm

Well, Once again I posted with an impulsive optimism, while at work, as if I had this brilliant idea that would show the way for MM Screenwriter to greatness and avoid the mistakes of Final Draft that needed to get out immediately. (Did I learn nothing from watching Pinocchio?)

I was listening to Scriptnotes Podcast as Craig Mazin and John August talked about how the CEO of Final Draft (who spoke on episode 129) was ridged and could not see the future and the mistakes they may have made. I listened to that podcast and agreed with Mazin and August.

I also thought it was interesting that Mazin and August only spoke of MM Screenwriter in passing in one out of the 3 recent podcast where screenwriting software had been discussed. What was said was something like (sic) ‘MM Screenwriter seems to be stuck in the 80’s.’

My brilliant idea was this. If MM Screenwriter could hear this discussion, they could take advantage of this opportunity while they are not in the spotlight and implement the solutions that August and Mazin suggest . They could really shine and move into the 21st century with the new software and screenwriting paradigms.

I admit I do not know the ins and outs or if MMS has any of the same problems as FD. I only fear they might.
WorkingMan Productions
Sam Potter
Screenwriter

Chris Huntley
Site Admin

Re: Future of MM Screenwriter

Postby Chris Huntley » Feb 19, 2014 8:21 am

I'll take a listen. Hopefully we can learn from FD's mistakes. Thanks, Sam!
Chris Huntley
Write Brothers Inc.
http://dramatica.com/
http://screenplay.com/

Return to “Screenwriter Wishlist”