Ability to Reduce Size of The Navidoc Panel

Do you have suggestions for Movie Magic Screenwriter? What features would you like to see added or changed?
drutgat
Published Writer

Ability to Reduce Size of The Navidoc Panel

Postby drutgat » Oct 19, 2010 7:18 pm

I have just upgraded to MMS6, and have been very pleased so far.

One change I would like to see in the future is the ability to reduce the size of the Navidoc Panel, i.e., the ability to drag the Navidoc panel to the *left*.

Along with this I would like the ability to toggle a switch which would allow the proportional reduction in size of the elements in the Navidoc (including buttons, and sliders, as well as the text information used for Acts, Scenes and so on).

In other words, one toggle setting would permit this proportional reduction in size, and the other toggle setting would keep the buttons, sliders and text labels the same size, with the only 'size' adjustment being the reduction in width of the Navidoc Panel.

Chris Huntley
Site Admin

Re: Ability to Reduce Size of The Navidoc Panel

Postby Chris Huntley » Oct 20, 2010 2:56 pm

The NaviDoc can be sized larger and smaller by dragging the vertical splitter separating the NaviDoc and the the document window.

Though there isn't ONE button to do it, there are controls that let you set the font size of the NaviDoc text, as well as the number of lines per element shown. The controls are the sliders in the upper right corner of the NaviDoc.
Chris Huntley
Write Brothers Inc.
http://dramatica.com/
http://screenplay.com/

drutgat
Published Writer

Postby drutgat » Oct 22, 2010 8:56 am

Hi Chris,
Thanks for your reply.

I had forgotten about the slider controls, so thanks for mentioning those.

However, the NaviDoc panel itself has a minimum amount by which it can be decreased in size by being dragged to the left using the vertical splitter, and it is that minimum size that I would like to see changed. (On my 16" laptop monitor, the Navidoc is about 2 1/2" wide, and I would like to be able to make it smaller than this, but the 'Help' and program manual are clear that there is a fixed minimum width).

Thomas
Published Writer

Postby Thomas » Oct 31, 2010 12:23 pm

drutgat wrote:Hi Chris,
Thanks for your reply.

I had forgotten about the slider controls, so thanks for mentioning those.

However, the NaviDoc panel itself has a minimum amount by which it can be decreased in size by being dragged to the left using the vertical splitter, and it is that minimum size that I would like to see changed. (On my 16" laptop monitor, the Navidoc is about 2 1/2" wide, and I would like to be able to make it smaller than this, but the 'Help' and program manual are clear that there is a fixed minimum width).

I have to agree. This has gotten on my nerves as well. I'd also like to see it be able to be smaller. Even on my 42 inch monitor, it would still be nice...
The Honorable Thomas A. McKean
http://www.thomasamckean.com
Partner in Policymaking
Author, Soon Will Come the Light: A View From Inside the Autism Puzzle
Author, Light on the Horizon: A Deeper View from Inside the Autism Puzzle

Return to “Screenwriter Wishlist”