Story Wizard

Discuss the practical use of Dramatica. Have questions about how throughlines should be used, how to create Complex Characters or even the various combinations of the 12 Essential Questions and how they will affect your story go here.
dono
Writer

Story Wizard

Postby dono » Oct 19, 2011 9:33 am

Hello!

I have been using Dramatica for a little while now on a couple of big projects so I haven't had much time to play around with the Story Wizard. The few times I have tried to use it to make a novel template it just seems to launch into the typical Dramatica program with no difference except the file calls itself the novel template.

Am I missing something? Where does the template part happen?

--Dono

phillybudd
Best-Selling Writer

Re: Story Wizard

Postby phillybudd » Oct 19, 2011 1:45 pm

If you open the Story Guide and then find "Scene Creation" (the last item in the top grouping of the menu), you'll see that the template has given all the scenes for the type of template you picked, and also associated various story elements with them.

dono
Writer

Re: Story Wizard

Postby dono » Oct 19, 2011 10:47 pm

Oh, okay. I didn't realize that was where the Story Wizard did its thing. Of course, how would I know? Unless I missed something, there were no signs to point me in that direction. But it does seem like the template could be useful and I thank you for showing me the way!

Return to “Practical Dramatica”