Switching Templates

Discuss the practical use of Dramatica. Have questions about how throughlines should be used, how to create Complex Characters or even the various combinations of the 12 Essential Questions and how they will affect your story go here.
ktbyrd
Writer

Switching Templates

Postby ktbyrd » Mar 14, 2011 9:53 pm

Hello,
Newbie, here. I am writing a play and used the Novel template in the Writer's Dreamkit. I have spent several days working out the story form and have input quite a bit of information. But now, in looking thru the scenes for this template. I am realizing that the screenplay or short story template would be better for my purposes.

How can I switch this novel template to a screenplay template (and use all my story work done thus far?)
Please help. :D

thanks in advance!

stephenbuck415
Best-Selling Writer

Re: Switching Templates

Postby stephenbuck415 » Mar 15, 2011 4:30 am

Hi.

I hate to be the bearer of an undesirable answer, but go to Edit > Preferences > General Options > Window Options and check File Menu can open multiple stories, then open both of your documents side by side and... copy and paste.

:-(
Dramatica E-Mail Discussion List:
https://buckspub.com/mailman/listinfo/dramatica_buckspub.com

ktbyrd
Writer

Re: Switching Templates

Postby ktbyrd » Mar 15, 2011 9:38 am

Thanks, but I think you are PC? I am on a mac, I think the directions would be different. But, thanks, I get it cut and paste into another template. Note: I do not recommend Novel template for playwriting :)

Return to “Practical Dramatica”