Deciding on Thoughtlines

Discuss the practical use of Dramatica. Have questions about how throughlines should be used, how to create Complex Characters or even the various combinations of the 12 Essential Questions and how they will affect your story go here.
Sahariel
Writer

Deciding on Thoughtlines

Postby Sahariel » Sep 10, 2010 3:17 pm

I need help deciding on thought-lines for a story about a brother and sister who haven't initiated a conversation with each other in years come together to rekindle their relationship once the brother discovers the sister's secret, a secret that could get her disowned from the household by her father. I ruled out Activity and I'm down to three. Fixed Attitude's seem to be best for the Overall Story but I can't decide on whether Activity or Manipulation should be for the main character, the brother.

So, any help you guys can provide would really be helpful.

phillybudd
Best-Selling Writer

Re: Deciding on Thoughtlines

Postby phillybudd » Sep 12, 2010 4:20 am

Since you are unclear about the throughline, you might consider answer some of the other questions that you do have answers to first, about your main and impact characters, some of the questions about the OS. Or you could start with the Plot Progression screen and answer some of the questions there as well. Dramatica will help point you at the right throughlines.

jadeli89

Postby jadeli89 » Oct 12, 2010 12:34 am

if you are really a writer, those simple tasks shouldn't be so difficult for you..lol haha :mrgreen:

phillybudd
Best-Selling Writer

Postby phillybudd » Oct 13, 2010 5:26 am

jadeli89 wrote:if you are really a writer, those simple tasks shouldn't be so difficult for you..lol haha :mrgreen:

We're not here to snipe at each other.

Return to “Practical Dramatica”