Installing Dramatic Pro on new Netbook

Discuss the practical use of Dramatica. Have questions about how throughlines should be used, how to create Complex Characters or even the various combinations of the 12 Essential Questions and how they will affect your story go here.
dono
Writer

Installing Dramatic Pro on new Netbook

Postby dono » May 23, 2010 6:21 pm

Hey there, Chris (or anyone else who can offer advice)--

I just bought a new netbook with the sole purpose of working on stories in Dramatica on it, and I can't get the program to install.

The netbook came with "Windows 7 Starter" installed as the OS. I am using the Dramatica cd I purchased a couple of years back for the install, with an external dvd drive that seems to be working just fine otherwise.

When I select "Install Dramatica" the Dramatica window descends to the taskbar, a popup appears asking if I want to install the Story Wizard, and when I hit "Yes" it says I have to install Dramatica Pro first. And this just goes around and around, with the install being interrupted by the Story Wizard question. If I hit "no", the Dramatic Window just stays in the task bar and only pops up if I click on it, at which point the circle begins again with the install dramatica, story wizard cycle thing.

I have dramatica installed on one other machine--my laptop--which I have decided is just too heavy for me to carry around.

How can I get Dramatica on my new netbook?

Thanks for any help,

Dono

dono
Writer

Re: Installing Dramatic Pro on new Netbook

Postby dono » May 23, 2010 6:47 pm

Oh, I figured it out by going to the "Support" section of the Screenplay.com website. It seems to be a Windows 7/Vista installation complication or something that they offer the workaround steps for at the website. However, now that I have installed Dramatica Pro just fine, I can't seem to install the Story Wizard. An error message said that the "requested operation requires elevation". Whatever that means!

Any suggestions on how to get the Story Wizard to install?

Thanks,

Dono

dono
Writer

Re: Installing Dramatic Pro on new Netbook

Postby dono » May 24, 2010 7:11 am

This morning I downloaded the Story Wizard from the website and it installed just fine. For some reason, the disk wasn't working right. I would delete this thread, but maybe someone else will have the same issues I did and my gropings in the dark will enlighten them!

Happy writing!

--Dono

Return to “Practical Dramatica”