James Bond

Discuss the practical use of Dramatica. Have questions about how throughlines should be used, how to create Complex Characters or even the various combinations of the 12 Essential Questions and how they will affect your story go here.
Anand

James Bond

Postby Anand » Nov 26, 2008 12:39 am

Hi Everyone

I have a question about the protagonist in a james bond movie. What are the motivational elements for James Bond?

The story i am writing is about a thriller where the main character is forced by the impact character to assasinate someone. So MC is clearly a prevent/ avoid motivation element while IC is the one who pursues the killing. Now if I assign the protagonist elements to the bad guy then will he not become the hero or anti-hero?

the goal is to prevent the killing - and their relationships with the overall characters in the quad such as the Reason and Emotion characters changes in the story depending on where I place the MC and the IC (good guy and the bad guy).

And one more query as well, the IC's concern is impulsive responses - can I illustrate that the MC's unthinking responses or reactions is having an IMPACT on the impact character (you know the other way around)

Many thanks in advance for your help and response.

Chris Huntley
Site Admin

Re: James Bond

Postby Chris Huntley » Dec 23, 2008 11:05 am

If the goal is to prevent the killing, then the protagonist is the one FOR PREVENTING the killing. The antagonist is the one AGAINST PREVENTING the killing. Who the MC and IC are is completely independent of their functions in the Overall Story.

RE: IC Concern of Impulsive Responses -- The short answer is a qualified yes.

The longer answer is...IF you can illustrate the IC Concern the way you described AND keep the audience from being confused about who the IC is and who the MC is, AND show how the MC's unthinking responses affect the IC ALSO affect the MC in a way that causes the MC to question is own personal issues, then Yes.
Chris Huntley
Write Brothers Inc.
http://dramatica.com/
http://screenplay.com/

markjay50

Re: James Bond

Postby markjay50 » Jul 15, 2010 6:28 pm

Yes, you're right like anybody say's that the protagonist is the one who preventing the killing but the antagonist is against killing.

Return to “Practical Dramatica”