Whic Options Should I Select?

Discuss the practical use of Dramatica. Have questions about how throughlines should be used, how to create Complex Characters or even the various combinations of the 12 Essential Questions and how they will affect your story go here.
Sahariel
Writer

Whic Options Should I Select?

Postby Sahariel » Dec 01, 2009 6:02 pm

The story is an epic about hatred and prejudice. The story is about a demonologist and a nun with demonic blood. Other characters include the demonologists companion and bodyguard who was a discharged captain and a hacker who can telepathically communicate with machines. It takes place in a star-spanning magical empire with the story beginning in a fiery police state. The crux of the story involves discovering the truth about themselves and climaxes with a kidnapping. The conflict between magical and nonmagical races play an important role.

I'm trying to pick which options best fit this. Any ideas?

Sahariel
Writer

Re: Whic Options Should I Select?

Postby Sahariel » Dec 01, 2009 6:16 pm

I guess I'm going for an activity story of sorts here. Guess that's one down.

One idea I can carry over from my previous ideas is how gods and demons, brought to life by human imagination, in which despite their on respective roles of being polar opposites by all of the known races, mirror each other perfectly.

Please let me know your thoughts. I'm genuinely interested in hearing them.

Sahariel
Writer

Postby Sahariel » Dec 01, 2009 6:37 pm

I guess I'd have three different storypaths weaving in and out of each other and eventually converging, similar to Suikoden III and Odin Sphere somewhat with maybe a fourth one as well. The demonologist and the body guard is one, the nun is two, the hacker is three, and one of the villains is four. I wonder is third person limited or third person omniscient is best...

Chris Huntley
Site Admin

Postby Chris Huntley » Dec 05, 2009 11:32 am

As far as third person limited or omniscient, I suppose it depends on how you wish to have the audience experience your story. Third person limited offers a MC-like (but not MC) perspective. It shows the "big picture" but allows for surprises. Third person omniscient is better for getting inside your characters' heads AND showing what they don't know.

If by storypaths you mean stories or substories woven together, then you should storyform each of those separately. Each "path" should have its own Main Character throughline, Impact Character throughline, Overall Story throughline, and MC/IC Relationship throughline, even if you limit how much you weave into the finished work.
Chris Huntley
Write Brothers Inc.
http://dramatica.com/
http://screenplay.com/

Sahariel
Writer

Postby Sahariel » Dec 12, 2009 9:57 pm

Sorry. This is one of my worst ideas. Just delete the thread.

Return to “Practical Dramatica”