Lion

Need a word that's on the tip of your tongue? Share and discuss vocabulary, etymology and other reference related topics.
UTAtheatreguy
Writer

Lion

Postby UTAtheatreguy » Feb 11, 2012 11:41 pm

This is a question that encompasses more than just WM but also DMP4 and MMS2000: Why was this company was caught so off-guard by Apple's new OS? It's going to take you almost a year to respond to something you should have had some awareness when Apple was making a new OS and maybe some communication with them to figure out what you'd have to do to ensure compatability?

Or is it simply Screenplay.com's position that Mac users are a smaller demographic and slower response time is completely acceptable?

And why what would be the harm in releasing an update that allowed usage of DMP4 on 10.7? I realize that a new version is coming out and that's well and good but what if I simply want the old one to operate on my new computer?

I'm just wondering if what Screenplay.com's thought process is for their mac userbase?

Chris Huntley
Site Admin

Re: Lion

Postby Chris Huntley » Feb 12, 2012 10:05 am

We LOVE the Mac and have been Mac developers since 1985. So no, we are not concerned about the Mac's demographics as far as development is concerned.

RE: MMS2000
There is a newer version of Movie Magic Screenwriter, version 6, that IS compatible with Lion. We do not revise older versions of the software for compatibility. The solution is to update to Movie Magic Screenwriter 6.

RE: DRAMATICA
We have been working on Dramatica Pro for what seems like forever. Dramatica Pro 4 would not be possible to update for Lion. The new Dramatica Pro 5 is Lion-compatible and in beta. We expect it to be available this summer.

RE: WORD MENU
There are installer issues with Lion what we haven't worked out yet. Word Menu for Lion will should be available this year.
Chris Huntley
Write Brothers Inc.
http://dramatica.com/
http://screenplay.com/

Return to “Word Menu”