Anyone full time writers here?

Are you looking for a writing partner? Do you want a partner in the same town, or is half way around the world fine too? Do you have a script that you would like critiqued? Give us the pitch and tell us how to get in touch with you.
dietelco
Published Writer

Anyone full time writers here?

Postby dietelco » Jun 18, 2009 4:49 am

is anyone here a full-time writer? I mean, a stay-at-home, doesn't-bathe-unless-necessary-to-eat, type of writer? :mrgreen:

KatYares
Published Writer

Re: Anyone full time writers here?

Postby KatYares » Jun 20, 2009 6:17 am

I'm a full time writer - but...

Web content writing pays the bills, novels and screenplays are written, at least for now, for the love of it.

Now if I could only sell one or two. :)

Kat
Where mediocrity is allowed a foothold, competence slips in the mire.
http://www.katyares.com
http://www.backwoodsliving.com

dietelco
Published Writer

Postby dietelco » Jun 21, 2009 9:54 pm

I've always wanted to ask - how does a FT writer get by, financially? Especially with opportunities with writing on the web? Could you share with us what strategies do you use? I.e. what kinds of writing gigs brings in the dough?

ChuckB

Postby ChuckB » Oct 31, 2009 8:58 am

I consider myself a full time writer. However, and it's a huge however, I have a regular retirement income to pay the bills, etc.

I've always wanted to write but never had the ... guts ... to just do it, until I had an alternate income. So, spent 20+ yrs as a cop, retired and began writing. I've been very, very modestly successful. That means, if I didn't have that retirement income, the wife and I would be living in a box in an alley right now.

TectorGorch

Postby TectorGorch » Nov 11, 2009 7:30 pm

I'm a full time govt speechwriter, i have worked as an agency copywriter and as a PR/SPin doctor... it all makes me feel pretty dirty, but it pays well and i've managed to get to a level where i can negotiate a pretty good work/life balance... when i'm not writing

Return to “Corkboard”