My Dinner With Andre

Tell us what you think about the latest release. Got any news on an upcoming film? Let us know. Talk about scripts or screenwriters here. Tell us who your favorite writers are. Talk about their body of work and debate with others why one writer is better than another...
Geoff1975
Best-Selling Writer

My Dinner With Andre

Postby Geoff1975 » May 25, 2014 8:27 am

For those well versed in Dramatica theory, I'm curious what people's opinions are.

What do you think My Dinner With Andre has for a story form. Essentially where are the through lines and so forth? I think Wallace Shawn's character, the visiting friend, is the MC because he's learning the various ideas presented by Andre. Of course, the title itself gives this away, come to think of it :lol: The OS may be in what Andre is talking about. I think the SS is the friendship, or more specifically the two intellectually curious people sharing their opinions.

Chris Huntley
Site Admin

Re: My Dinner With Andre

Postby Chris Huntley » May 26, 2014 2:54 pm

I don't think My Dinner With Andre is supposed to be a grand argument story and I think it succeeded well. I haven't seen it in a while, but it was one of the most tedious films I've ever sat through in a theater. (IMO)
Chris Huntley
Write Brothers Inc.
http://dramatica.com/
http://screenplay.com/

Geoff1975
Best-Selling Writer

Postby Geoff1975 » May 26, 2014 3:55 pm

Oh. I can see what you mean. My viewing was in a little box on Youtube… and I think typing something while watching helped :lol:

Grzyby15

Postby Grzyby15 » May 17, 2015 10:42 pm

I think it is a good film. Conversations about the meaning of life and how people choose to live it, along with all of the outside forces that exist to complicate it, makes you think about your life. This is a beautiful masterpiece of a film, that can be watched many times.

KittyCathy

Postby KittyCathy » Sep 03, 2015 9:37 am

Grzyby15 wrote:I think it is a good film. Conversations about the meaning of life and how people choose to live it, along with all of the outside forces that exist to complicate it, makes you think about your life. This is a beautiful masterpiece of a film, that can be watched many times.

I agree with you completely. I think I watched it ten times or more.

Return to “Movie Talk”