"Sicario" - An Intense, Thought Provoking Thriller

Tell us what you think about the latest release. Got any news on an upcoming film? Let us know. Talk about scripts or screenwriters here. Tell us who your favorite writers are. Talk about their body of work and debate with others why one writer is better than another...
bluecat1
Published Writer

"Sicario" - An Intense, Thought Provoking Thriller

Postby bluecat1 » Oct 12, 2015 1:36 pm

Who would’ve thought, after a summer packed full of Avengers, earthquakes, and a return to Jurassic Park, that one of the year’s best action movies would be a small, independent film from rookie screenwriter, Taylor Sheridan? The signs were there, with Denis Villenueve at the helm and Emily Blunt as the lead, though I can’t say I expected such a magnificent result. Sicario, the story of a task force sent after a notorious cartel at the U.S. and Mexico border, released initially on only six screens, packs such a punch that I left the theater immediately wanting to turn around and go right back in to see it again.

The BlueCat Blog has posted an entire review of the film here: http://www.bluecatscreenplay.com/blog/bluecat-review-sicario-is-an-intense-thought-provoking-thriller/

Have you seen it yet? What are your opinions? 

adambein
Published Writer

Sicario.

Postby adambein » Feb 08, 2016 4:59 pm

My opinion is 'Holy. Crap.'. Followed by, "Don't see this at night." Wow, it was great. It was nice seeing a film with a female protagonist-AND one who was functioning within a realistic scope of her own limitations, and then at then end with a pistol under her chin and that decision to make-or not, instead, her to grow/change-or not. Everything led up to that point. I sat there and thought "Oh, crap, what's she gonna do?!". Damn good story.

Return to “Movie Talk”