Copyright

Fiction writing is as diverse and complex as any other form for story telling. So if you've got the next lunch time "book" in you or the new century's first Great American Novel, ask your question, give some insight or just plain gab about the craft.
Ticker

Copyright

Postby Ticker » Nov 02, 2009 8:49 am

I'm not sure how copyright works in the US or other parts of the world but in Canada, we have ACCESS which we can register with as a writer, or a publisher and so on. We also have the Library where you pay a small fee and register a work.

While you can't copyright an "idea" your work is protected once its completed even if you don't formally register the copyright. Personally, I find the registry method the better one, but at least I don't worry about works in process.

I may not be explaining this as well as it deserves. But it's something I think writers should get the information on and be informed about before they need it.

It's also a good time to start looking at Agents and their track records so you can make informed decisions down the road. The BUSINESS of writing (and it is a business) can be full of pitfalls. So being well prepared can save you a lot of grief.

Return to “Novel and Short Story Writing”