How to select Novel, TV, and Screenplay?

Discuss how to use this leading screenplay formatting software. Have a tip? Question? Post it here and share ideas.
bluebowls

How to select Novel, TV, and Screenplay?

Postby bluebowls » Nov 08, 2009 6:53 am

Hi there

I'm new to the concept of using software for writing Novels and Screenplays. In an attempt to 'test the water', I've downloaded the TRIAL version of MMSW6. My interest is in writing Novels, Screenplays and TV scripts.

In the TRIAL version I've got, there is no sign of a format for Novel writing, nor one for a TV script. Could someone kindly tell me how to easily select and switch between these various formats? :(

Bluebowls

eleven29
Writer

Re: How to select Novel, TV, and Screenplay?

Postby eleven29 » Nov 26, 2009 12:29 am

Hi bluebowls,

to choose different templates for your text, go to the FORMAT menu, then LOAD STYLES FROM and choose TEMPLATE...

Screenwriter will open a file dialog which lets you browse the included templates. There are blank templates for screenplays, stage plays, novels etc. and you will also find prepopulated templates for a variety of television shows as well as educational templates. Just select one of them, choose whether to include user lists (predefined locations and characters for a specific show for example) and see your document magically change to the new format.

Enjoy!

-Yannick
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Using Screenwriter”