Typeover

Discuss how to use this leading screenplay formatting software. Have a tip? Question? Post it here and share ideas.
Dale
Writer

Typeover

Postby Dale » Oct 12, 2015 6:21 pm

A friend of mine is having trouble with the Typeover feature. it will not turn off. Whenever he tries to insert something it erases the text ahead of it instead of just allowing him to insert text. I had this problem once and went to Tools and Options and disabled "Allow typeover". I directed him there and for some reason it was selected so he deselected it. The next time he tried to do an insert it did it again.

When I had this problem it had somehow become enabled, I don't know how, but it had. As I said I just de-selected it. It is not working for him. Do you have to shut down MMSW and then start it back up before it takes affect. He is afraid to turn off the program as he has had no end of troubles lately with it and Windows 10. The troubles seem to be over and then this happened. He is on a roll and is afraid to shut it off before he finishes writing his script.

Can you tell me what's up with the typeover and how to solve it?

Dale Gillespie

Dale
Writer

Re: Typeover

Postby Dale » Oct 12, 2015 6:36 pm

Just Skyped with my friend and he talked to someone over at Script Nurse and they told him how to fix it. he said there was an FN button on the keyboard. This is a new one on me. Not on my keyboard. he said it was a function key but that it says FN on it. it was on my friends keyboard but sure not on mine. In any case it is working properly on his computer and he can now Insert instead of typing over. He said this button was over on the lower left between Ctrl and Alt.. All I have there is the Microsoft symbol for getting the Start menu.

Dale Gillespie

Return to “Using Screenwriter”