Transition Scene window is quirky

Discuss how to use this leading screenplay formatting software. Have a tip? Question? Post it here and share ideas.
michaelas
Writer

Transition Scene window is quirky

Postby michaelas » Feb 24, 2014 6:58 pm

I was using MMS6 recently and a quirky thing happened.
When I hit enter twice, a new scene comes up. Good.
Then I select E for EXT, and when I click it, the transition window comes up, as it is supposed to.
But there are two things wrong.
For one, the transition window is suddenly as wide as my screen, and about two inches tall. Usually it is no more than one third of my screen width.
For another, there are no auto selections on the window, even if I have made previous scene selections. It is blank.
Then as soon as I type any letter, the screen disappears, and I am left to manually type in whatever scene I want, instead of auto scene select.

It is not affecting the rest of what I write, but it came suddenly and is very annoying. It is as if I typed something wrong to bring it on, and I have no idea if I did.

Does this sound familiar to any of you? Is there a way I can go back to a transition window "default?"

It only does this with the transition window, ie., scene locations, as soon as I select Int. or Ext, or some other. Then it comes up.

I hope this is clear, because this is driving me buggers trying to figure out how this is happening.
Thanks in advance. :x

KenTech
Technical Support

Re: Transition Scene window is quirky

Postby KenTech » Mar 03, 2014 11:29 am

When this happens with any pop-up list in Screenwriter, it means a paragraph, usually Action, was set to the wrong element type by mistake. My guess is that somewhere in your script, you have a paragraph of Action set as Transition accidentally. Once you find the errant paragraph — it should be fairly visible as a long, right-justified line/paragraph — right click (Control+click for Mac) on it and choose Change this Transition to > Action.
Ken H.
Write Brothers, Inc.
Technical Support

michaelas
Writer

Postby michaelas » Mar 08, 2014 6:47 pm

Thank you for the response. I will keep that in mind.
:)

rosenbergrandy

Postby rosenbergrandy » Aug 21, 2015 1:24 am

Thank you for answer. It also helped me :)

Return to “Using Screenwriter”