Language and non-english dialogue

Discuss how to use this leading screenplay formatting software. Have a tip? Question? Post it here and share ideas.
screenfos

Language and non-english dialogue

Postby screenfos » Jul 22, 2011 8:23 am

Hi

I'm using Screenwriter 4.8.12. I've got a script where I need to add some dialogue that is not in English but in several other languages e.g. Russian cyrilic. I can't find any way to do this. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Simon

KenTech
Technical Support

Re: Language and non-english dialogue

Postby KenTech » Jul 25, 2011 2:13 pm

Unfortunately, Screenwriter (current version included) is not currently Unicode enabled; meaning, that other languages which use an entirely different alphabet to English, or use certain diacritical marks, are not supported. We sincerely hope to change this for the next major version and apologize for the inconvenience.
Ken H.
Write Brothers, Inc.
Technical Support

screenfos

Postby screenfos » Jul 25, 2011 3:20 pm

ok thx.

JeraldPackiasamy

Postby JeraldPackiasamy » Jun 18, 2012 8:36 am

Hi,
I would like to know whether the new version of Movie Magic supports languages other than English. I need to type in my dialogues in my mother tongue (an Indian Language). Will be really helpful if someone can help me out if this is possible.

Thanks
Jery

KenTech
Technical Support

Postby KenTech » Jun 25, 2012 8:56 am

No, we have not been able to convert Screenwriter to be Unicode-enabled for version 6. That is something we hope to do with the next major version.
Ken H.
Write Brothers, Inc.
Technical Support

Return to “Using Screenwriter”