Why Do Some Questions/Topics Go Unanswered?

Discuss how to use this leading screenplay formatting software. Have a tip? Question? Post it here and share ideas.
drutgat
Published Writer

Why Do Some Questions/Topics Go Unanswered?

Postby drutgat » Oct 05, 2010 6:32 pm

Hi Ken and Chris,
I appreciate that you are both trying to manage answering the questions in these forums by yourselves - at least it appears that way (I really do appreciate that, both in the sense of being thankful for your help and contributions, and also in the sense of understanding that you are both 'it' in terms of being the official Write Brothers representatives who answer questions on the forums).

One thing I don't understand, though, is why some questions/topics go unanswered. This is really a mystery to me, particularly since there are very few topics posted on these forums. And I must admit, if I'm being very honest - which I will be - that it doesn't sit well with me, as these forums apparently exist to help people.

So, in addition to wanting an answer to my question, I would like to propose something (in the spirit of being part of the solution, rather than being part of the problem), viz., is there any way that we, as people posting, could help with this? I was thinking that maybe we, as users, could take a more active part in pointing others towards posts that have already been made that might answer the newer poster's question.

Of course, this doesn't get at the issue of questions going unanswered.

My intention in posting here is not to be objectionable or to criticize without being constructive. I am simply trying to respectfully ask a question, and suggest a potential way of going about things that would increase the number of responses to messages/posts/questions posed.

All the best,

Thomas
Published Writer

Re: Why Do Some Questions/Topics Go Unanswered?

Postby Thomas » Oct 06, 2010 11:35 am

If I have a question, I really don't think I would care who answered it, so long as it was a valid answer? If they could get rid of the SPAM (which I have given them the software to do), then I think we would see much more activity in these forums.
The Honorable Thomas A. McKean
http://www.thomasamckean.com
Partner in Policymaking
Author, Soon Will Come the Light: A View From Inside the Autism Puzzle
Author, Light on the Horizon: A Deeper View from Inside the Autism Puzzle

drutgat
Published Writer

Re: Why Do Some Questions/Topics Go Unanswered?

Postby drutgat » Oct 06, 2010 3:07 pm

Hi Thomas,
Thanks for your response.

I agree with you in so far as one could stack the odds in favour of getting a response; that's why I made the suggestion about having a system where we, the readers/posters, could take some responsibility for this.

My main point is the inconsistency with getting answers.

Return to “Using Screenwriter”