Working with iPartner Using 2 Different Screenplay Versions?

Discuss how to use this leading screenplay formatting software. Have a tip? Question? Post it here and share ideas.
drutgat
Published Writer

Working with iPartner Using 2 Different Screenplay Versions?

Postby drutgat » Sep 30, 2010 8:48 am

Hi,
I am about to start collaborating on a spec. project with a collaborator who lives in another country.

I have never used iPartner and am wondering if it is possible for each of us to simultaneously view and cut-and-paste between two different versions of the same screenplay onscreen (i.e., work that he and I have done separately).

Is it possible to split the screen or to somehow have two different screenplays displaying at the same time?

In addition to the above, if anybody has any advice about using iPartner, we would be grateful to hear it.

For example, will it conflict with skype?

Thanks,

KenTech
Technical Support

Re: Working with iPartner Using 2 Different Screenplay Versi

Postby KenTech » Oct 01, 2010 9:53 am

Yes.

They would need to own their own copy of the program, but via iPartner you can see what is occurring in real time and both sides can make edits to the script. Once you are done, when you disconnect, it will ask if you want to synchronize the file so you both have the same data.

iPartner connects to another iPartner internally, so it should not interfere with Skype.
Ken H.
Write Brothers, Inc.
Technical Support

drutgat
Published Writer

Postby drutgat » Oct 01, 2010 4:08 pm

Hi KenTech,
Thanks for the reply; a little unclear though - it sounds like you're talking about my collaborator and I working on the same script, i.e., having the same script open in two different windows (his and mine). Sorry if I'm misunderstanding your reply, but I'm paying attention to the word "script" (singular) in your reply.

My question concerns whether we could each have a a different script open, for example my writing partner could have his (let's say, older) version of the script open, and I could have the current/working version, with the intention of viewing the former and leaving it intact while working on the latter.

Just wanted to clarify.

Thanks,

KenTech
Technical Support

Postby KenTech » Oct 01, 2010 4:14 pm

I just tested this with my co-worker. I sent him a script which put me in "view" mode (watching him). I could then minimize the iPartner window and switch to a different open script and edit it without affecting the one in iPartner.

I hope that answers your question.
Ken H.
Write Brothers, Inc.
Technical Support

drutgat
Published Writer

Postby drutgat » Oct 01, 2010 4:18 pm

Thanks very much, Ken.

That answers my question perfectly, and it's also the answer that I was looking for!

I appreciate your conscientiousness in testing this.

Thanks, once again.

KenTech
Technical Support

Postby KenTech » Oct 05, 2010 9:21 am

drutgat wrote:Thanks very much, Ken.

That answers my question perfectly, and it's also the answer that I was looking for!

I appreciate your conscientiousness in testing this.

Thanks, once again.

You're very welcome!
Ken H.
Write Brothers, Inc.
Technical Support

Return to “Using Screenwriter”