trying to use my old Screenwriter 2000

Discuss how to use this leading screenplay formatting software. Have a tip? Question? Post it here and share ideas.
maxam

trying to use my old Screenwriter 2000

Postby maxam » Jun 06, 2010 3:59 pm

Hi,
I have ScreenWriter 2000 and have not been using it due to health for about 2 years. Now I am trying to use it again to get back into writing. I tried to view a script by clicking the purple icon "S" but it stopped at 27% loaded saying I did not do the validation code.
I recall I had a lot of trouble with systems crashing before, so chose to always just start working in MM 2000 by leaving the CD in the drive so it would validate that way. (and not use up my installations)
But when it stops it freezes my puter and I have to use task manager to get out and try again. I am not sure what to do at this point to get it working so I can work on my screen plays. It must have installed ok on here because I have many files in the MM folder.
I guess I just need to tell it to do something so I can put in the serial number?

Using Movie Magic Screenwriter 2000 - Version 4.73.03 - HP Pavilion lap top - 32 bit - 3 gigs Ram -

Thanks if you have any suggestions.

Maxam

maxam

Re: trying to use my old Screenwriter 2000

Postby maxam » Jun 07, 2010 6:52 am

Thanks to anyone who was trying, but the support section of their website had the answer and I am able to run it now. Movie Magic support is second to NONE!

Return to “Using Screenwriter”