two extension

Discuss how to use this leading screenplay formatting software. Have a tip? Question? Post it here and share ideas.
dadi

two extension

Postby dadi » Mar 07, 2009 6:17 am

Hi everyone.

I have problems with adding 2 extensions to a character name in dialogue. Can anyone help me there?

David.

eleven29
Writer

Re: two extension

Postby eleven29 » Mar 30, 2009 12:40 am

This applies to both Screenwriter 4 and 6: Add the first extension as you would normally do by pressing '(' after the character name. Select whichever extension you want to come SECOND. Then return to the character name, press '(' again but this time choose 'add as text'. You can then type a second extension in front of the automagically generated one. Don't worry, even though the extension is indeed added as text it will be treated as an extension (i.e. not show up in character lists, etc.).

If you have Screenwriter set to automatically generate character continueds they will be added as a second extension automatically.

Hope this helps,
--Yannick

P.S. Please include the Screenwriter version number you're using in future requests as some issues are handled differently in MMS4 and Scrw6.

dadi

Re: two extension

Postby dadi » Mar 30, 2009 5:55 am

Thanks a LOT. It worked and I am smiling now. I will remember to add versionnumber next time.

Best regards.

Return to “Using Screenwriter”