Generic icons have vanished

Post your suggestions and comments about our website www.screenplay.com.
Cocavan

Generic icons have vanished

Postby Cocavan » Oct 20, 2012 9:45 am

I used to have generic icons for protagonist, antagonist, emotion, reason, skeptic, sidekick, guardian, & contagonist; however, they've disappeared from the project on which I'm working and I can't get them to appear when I start a new project.

I suspect I'm at fault, but I don't see how to recoup them. Are they gone forever? Is there a quick fix? Must I reïnstall Dramatica Pro 4 to bring them back? Thanks.

KenTech
Technical Support

Re: Generic icons have vanished

Postby KenTech » Oct 23, 2012 8:14 am

Cocavan,

Are you on Mac or Windows? Please attach a screenshot to your reply if you can.
Ken H.
Write Brothers, Inc.
Technical Support

Cocavan

Postby Cocavan » Oct 25, 2012 7:08 am

KenTech,

I'm using a PC running XPPro with 4G RAM. I think I solved the problem. It seems the icons, e.g., ANT, GRD, PRO, CON, EMO, REA, SIDE, SKP, appear only if one uses the screenplay template. If one merely starts from scratch, the icons (actually, they're only fancy---but very, very helpful---labels) aren't there. If I'm right, my next question is: Can I summon the above-referenced labels into a screenplay I'm working on without having to resort to the screenplay template? Thanks.

KenTech
Technical Support

Postby KenTech » Oct 25, 2012 4:11 pm

Ah yes, you are correct. Unfortunately, there is no way to apply the template to an existing document. You would need to transfer the data from one document into another via copy/paste and selecting the story engine settings.
Ken H.
Write Brothers, Inc.
Technical Support

Return to “Screenplay.com Website”